This is the BIGGEST change we’ve ever made to the Yoga room – FAR Infrared heating panels!
Change, Change, Change!
Ahh, the change of seasons, the Holidays, the New Year….Change, change, change! Speaking of change, we have been in the midst of making some great changes to the Yoga Studio at Fitness Incentive. Our Yoga Studio is a multi-purpose studio, hosting a large variety of Yoga classes, Pilates classes, Barre classes, Stretch classes and others, as well as Master classes and workshops. That being said, it is quite a task to accommodate such a variety of disciplines in one space. There are props needed, temperature adjustments, music needs, etc. So here’s what we are doing to make the space as functional and comfortable as possible!
Decor, lighting & music
– We recently changed to a more calming, neutral color palate
– We installed dimmer switches to the sconce lighting to accommodate the needs and diversity of classes.
Still to come/Just Arrived:
– A stunning new back-lit Om sign on the south wall of the studio where the Dharma Mittra poster previously resided. (see below!)
– We also just mounted an additional ballet barre on the south wall that will allow us to remove the bigger portable ballet barre and allow for more room to practice on the floor.
– New, smaller stereo/storage table
– We recently had a custom shelving system built to store Yoga blocks, mats, blankets, bolsters, wedges, Pilates rings, rollers, balls, etc.
– New weight rack to accommodate and neatly store light-weights from 1 to 8 lbs.
– New cubbies for personal items. We refurbished the cubbies so people can comfortably store their shoes, jackets and other personal items to keep them off the yoga floor for maximum student space.
We installed ceiling fans to circulate air (cool or warm) as required for individual classes and…
This is the BIGGEST change made to the Yoga room yet!!!
A few months ago, we installed FAR Infrared heating panels in the Yoga room! We only went “live” with the heating panels at the end of September and are still “tweaking” to best meet the needs of each class on schedule.
The best part is Infrared heat has so many health benefits! Among them are:
(SEE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS ON HEALTH BENEFITS)
– Heart Health – FAR Infrared’s gentle, progressive heating of the body improves circulation and reduces fluid around the heart as well as many other benefits to the heart
– Reduces cancer risks and helps post-cancer healing – Research shows FAR infrared heat significantly reduces and even kills pre-cancerous and cancer cells
– Improves arthritis – Studies have shown FAR infrared heat helps reduce inflammation throughout the body
Other health benefits:
– Reduces Diabetes symptoms
– Promotes cellular growth
– Increases and improves circulation
– Experience better sleep
– Enhance muscular health
– Clears skin issues
– Aids in weight loss
– Reduces Stress
And more! Please click on this link to see details of the health benefits of FAR infrared heat:
FAR infrared heat feels different than “regular” or forced air heat. The infrared panels actually heat your body, as opposed to the surrounding space, which means each person will experience it differently. It is important to be aware that even if the physical temperature of the room is not rising during your class, YOUR body heat will be rising gradually and you will feel warmer the longer you stay in the room.
It is important to note, with the variety of classes our Yoga studio hosts, temperature requirements vary depending on the class. Be sure to bring water with you to all your classes especially the HOT yoga classes. Remember, no matter what class you are attending, whether, just moderately warm or very HOT, the FAR infrared heat health benefits are working on your from the minute you enter the room!!
Here is what some of our members have to say regarding the FAR infrared heat:
As someone with tight hamstrings, the infrared heat helps me to quickly warm up my leg muscles. I had found the forced hot air to be a bit stuffy and stifling. However, with the infrared heat, I barely notice the temperature gradually rising throughout the class. A good addition as far as I am concerned!
Let me begin by saying two of my favorite places to be are the beach and Fitness Incentive’s Yoga studio. I had recently heard that the Yoga studio was getting a facelift, so to speak, and the temperamental temperature control was being updated with some new age infrared heating panels. Not knowing much about it, I just went about my weekly routine. Soon after the upgrade was completed, I was enjoying a much-needed yoga class. At the end of class laying in savasana, and I suddenly felt as though I was on the beach on a beautiful summer day. It was like the sun was radiating into my body, warming my muscles, and healing my soul. At first, I was confused, but then I realized that the infrared panels must be activated! What a marvelous feeling! I could have stayed all day. But alas, all good things must come to an end. But there’s always tomorrow. I can’t wait!
The new Infrared Heated Yoga Studio within Fitness Incentive is amazing!
I’ve always been skeptical about practicing asana, ( physical yoga ) in a heated room. I had my reasons as to why it wasn’t the best choice for one’s practice, but my main reason was that I felt I could not breathe in a heated room. I thought, what’s the point of practicing yoga if you’re not breathing? It seemed like an oxymoron to me.
But, the infrared heat is a whole different story! It’s absolutely breathable as it heats the individual, not the room. The heat is dryer, and it’s just the right amount to make you feel pliable. I left my practice feeling like I had awesome detoxification! My body felt amazing, the little kinks were gone, and I slept like a baby.
I LOVE, Love, love the FAR infrared heat! It feels so different, even when it is on during my favorite Pilates class, my body feels comfortably heated. The ceiling fans keep the air circulating nicely, and I swear I feel myself getting healthier as the class goes on!! – D.M.
We would like to thank everyone for your patience through all the changes (some of which are still happening as I write!) We will continue to work together to smooth out any kinks so that our members can have the best experience possible, and as always, we welcome ALL feedback.
Check out a class in the new Yoga Studio in the video below.
Please email me at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
About the Author
Dina Voigt is the Manager of Fitness Incentives Pilates and Yoga programs. She is a PMA-certified Pilates trainer, a certified Yoga instructor, a Personal Trainer, Group exercise instructor, and Cycle instructor.
Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for further information.