Fit to Print . Spring 2021 . Volume 30 Number 1
One Year Later…
Like a Shining Light Breaking Through a Storm*
As I write this, it’s been exactly one year since we were shut down by New York State due to the COVID- 19 Pandemic. At the time, had you told me we’d still be operating under pandemic restrictions, I would have called you crazy. We were going to “flatten the curve” for a few weeks, then reopen. Right? Well, that didn’t exactly pan out. What’s perhaps even more mind-boggling is that we’ve been reopened now, under restrictions, for over six months. Six months! It’s been so long that it’s sometimes hard to remember what normal was like.
Thankfully, there seems to be a real end in sight. With cases dropping and vaccination rates quickly rising, we can finally start to see our way clear to a time where most of us will be comfortable, dare I say excited, to get back to our pre-pandemic lives. For many, this will also mean getting back to Fitness Incentive. What you’ll find when you return is that much of what you remember is unchanged – especially the great people, members and staff alike, who make the place something special. And that’s what we’re really most in need of, isn’t it? Human contact. Community. Being together again. We live in a world that was already becoming physically distant even before the pandemic. Sure, we “connected” through social media, but sitting in front of a screen can never truly replace being with the actual person. Similarly, taking a fitness class online, even on a new-fangled piece of in-home equipment, can’t replace the feeling of being in a room with your fellow human beings taking a real live class with a living, breathing instructor who actually knows you. And sees your form. And how hard you’re really working. Or if you’re struggling.
Eight Good Reasons It’s Time
Yeah, believe it or not, it’s time to come back. I’ll give you a few good reasons:
- You miss it. You miss the people, the instructors, your trainer, working out with your friends, and then crashing in the café for a few minutes. FI was a great part of your life, and it can be and will be again. To steal a line – Just do it.
- We’re slowly but surely ramping up; more classes (over 80 a week already!), more hours (and more coming), and more services (the café and nursery will soon be back). And as more of you come back, the services and classes will increase to accommodate you. Onward and upward!
- We’ve added some exciting new options that just ain’t going away. The outdoor classes were and are a big hit. They’re here to stay. Ditto the video classes. The impact? More ways than ever to enjoy Fitness Incentive, wherever you are.
- We’re cleaner and safer than ever. Which is saying something. I mean, we were always pretty damn clean. But in the pandemic era, we’ve taken it to the max. Hell, we even UV-C disinfect the place every night. If you thought it was clean before, well, wait ’til you see it now. And our safety protocols remain in place and meet or exceed state requirements at all times. And always will.
- Masks ain’t so bad. You’re probably as tired of wearing them as I am, but the truth is, they aren’t as bad as we feared. Hundreds of your fellow members have worked out in them, and, believe it or not, they’ve survived – even gotten used to them. Sure, we’ll be happy when that mandate is lifted. But if you do anything long enough, you learn to adapt to it.
- Vaccinations! Yes, vaccinations. Millions have gotten them already, and millions more will, and soon. Get yours – they’re safe, they’re available, and they’re free. They’re the ticket out of this horror show.
- There’s just something special about Fitness Incentive, isn’t there? It’s like a big family; it really is. And like any family during this trying time, we miss each other. We miss the FI family, we miss the friends, we miss the feeling you get being a part of Fitness Incentive. We miss telling each other about how great our last workout was and what class we’ll be taking tomorrow. Hey – we’ve been together for over 36 years. It’s a unique community that cannot be replicated or easily replaced.
- It’s just time. You’ve been away for months – over a year for many of you. We’re ready to welcome you back with open arms. Your old membership is waiting for you. If you want to try it out before you take the full plunge, come on in for a free two-week trial. Get your normal back, reclaim your sanity and your healthiest habit – Fitness Incentive. You will be thankful you did. Ask anyone who has.
Best Member Experience – Again.
We shared this great news a couple of weeks back. Still, it bears repeating because it was particularly gratifying during this challenging year to learn that we have again received several Member Experience Awards from The Relationship People (TRP). As you may already know, TRP tracks member satisfaction through polling the members of over 800 fitness facilities on three continents. For the third straight year, Fitness Incentive is its “Operator of the Year” for providing the best member experience of any gym in the TRP universe. Who says so? You do. The results are based on member responses to our TRP satisfaction poll. You’ve probably filled one out yourself, maybe more than once. If so, thank you! Your support made this award possible.
It’s also our third straight year receiving the TRP Platinum Medal — one of only five facilities in the world (yes, the world) to be so honored!
We can hardly express how thankful we are to our members and our staff for making these awards possible. More so, your devotion, dedication, and loyalty throughout this difficult year have made Fitness Incentive itself possible. Literally. We remain fiercely committed to you and to providing you with an excellent member experience for many years to come.
Read more – click here
Around the Horn…
If It’s Spring, That Can Only Mean One Thing…
The Annual Spring Spa-tacular is coming – a fabulous fortnight of insane savings on your favorite spa and salon services is being held April 12th through the 25th. Check here for complete details. Appointment bookings start April 1st. Don’t delay – this event always books fast.
Polishing Things Up
We’re really excited about our newly renovated Nail Salon. Take a look:
We had originally planned to upgrade the nail salon last spring, but something got it the way. In any case, it was worth the wait.
We’ve also introduced a new polish in the Nail Salon that we are simply in love with – Dazzle Dry. It’s a polish system that takes the same amount of time to do as a regular manicure/pedicure – but dries in 5 minutes and lasts 2 weeks. It’s very new to Long Island, so we’re especially excited to be offering it.
Dazzle Dry is a unique four-step nail system designed to deliver long-lasting results, providing chip-free wear for up to two weeks. Dazzle Dry gives you the long-lasting performance of a gel but removes with the ease of traditional polish! Dazzle Dry is the only natural nail care system to offer hard-set nails in just five minutes. Dazzle Dry is also free from harmful chemicals and skin-sensitizing ingredients such as toluene, formaldehyde, TPHP, nitrocellulose, camphor, formaldehyde resin, ethyl tosylamide, phthalates, xylene, and MEK. And Dazzle Dry does not test on animals. Their products are vegan and cruelty-free. Yay!
Call 631-893-3490 or Click here to book now!
And While We’re Still Talking About the Spa…
We’re also thrilled to have recently expanded our Therapeutic services, with more days and options available than ever before. There’s an entire article about it in this issue – click here to learn more.
One Fantastic Sign We’re Getting Back to Normal…
As you may recall, we were shut down last year when we were barely a week into our annual right of spring – The Fantastic Four Fit for Summer Challenge. Circumstances obviously prevented the completion of the 2020 edition, but we were determined to bring it back in 2021. To better accommodate social distancing, we transformed the challenge into the Dynamic Duo, with teams of 2 instead of the traditional four competing to get in top shape for summer. 26 teams have accepted the challenge and will set off on their journey to better health and fitness starting April 5th. The contest will wrap up just in time for Memorial Day. Which team will reign supreme? Check back in June to find out!
We’re Happy to Be Here!
If you’ve already back at FI, thank you for your confidence and support! Please spread the word about your experience at the gym, and encourage your friends and family to join you. If you haven’t been back yet, we’re looking forward to seeing you very soon! If you’re on the fence, give it a try – we guarantee you’ll be happy you did.