There is just something about riding a bike in a dark room, sweating, and listening to great music that really boosts your mental wellness and reduces stress.
- Theresa Christensen, Manager of Fitness Incentive’s Cycling Studio
Cycling can be an exciting and even “life-changing” addition to your workout!
In the words of David Letterman, here are the TOP TEN…reasons to take a Cycle class at Fitness Incentive:
- It’s a great indoor cardio option. Let’s face it. The weather does not always cooperate when it comes to your workout plans. It’s much easier to hit the warm, dry, Cycle room than it is to run or bike in the snow. It’s also an air-conditioned alternative when the temperature starts to soar in Summer.
- It’s included with your All-Access membership. This is a big deal because, at boutique cycling studios, you can expect to pay anywhere from $20-$40 per class to ride. For someone like me who likes to take 3-4 classes per week, that would be a very costly habit.
- It’s a great way to lose weight. If you’re looking to shed some extra pounds, cycling is an excellent way to do that. I lost nearly 70 pounds in less than 7 months, taking those 3-4 cycling classes per week with a yoga class and some strength training thrown into my routine.
- You can burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time. I hear it all of the time…”I don’t have time to work out.” We’ve all been there. What if I told you that you could burn up to 300-400 calories in 30 minutes? 500-700 in 45? You can absolutely do that in a spin class.
- It’s a low-impact activity. This makes it an accessible workout for people of all fitness levels. Even while nursing an injury, you can hop on the bike and pedal. Just be sure to check with your doctor beforehand.
- It’s a fantastic mood lifter. There is just something about riding a bike in a dark room, sweating, and listening to great music that really boosts your mental wellness and reduces stress.
- At Fitness Incentive, we use the amazing “color-changing” Matrix bikes. (see above) They make it easy to follow along with the instructor as we go from a white/blue warm-up to the green endurance zone to anaerobic red. Know exactly how many watts you rode at and how many calories you burned.
- Feel like you’re part of a community. If you’re a “spinner,” then you know many of the other indoor cycling enthusiasts at the gym. We are a pretty tight-knit group.
- Build cardiovascular strength and endurance. This will help you perform other cardiovascular activities, like that charity 5k that you signed up for, chasing after your toddler, or just running to catch your train on the LIRR!
- It’s a fun way to work out! While riding under black light to great music is already a thrill, we also do themed rides. I’ve done holiday rides, charity rides, and even a bachelorette ride!
Join Us! You’ll be glad you did!